ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Daffodil Paintings


Even though Spring is nowhere to be found where I live, I figured I'd post these charming daffodil paintings my Grade 3's made last Spring to get me in the mood.

I demonstrated how to draw one daffodil and then how to multiply them to create a bouquet in a vase. I gave my students the choice of drawing simply one (easier) and challenging my stronger students to draw a bouquet. They drew these in pencil on large heavy white paper.


Then they outlined them in Sharpie.


Finally, they painted these using watercolours. A simple two day project :)


Some of the Grade 3 finished paintings:









2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to leave a comment and say that I follow your blog regularly, and that I LOVE your lessons. Thank-you!

Miss said...

Thanks so much Marla!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...