ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Winter Styrofoam Prints


Styrofoam prints are always a sure-fire hit with kids. They're pretty easy to make as well; you just need to set up some effective printing stations.
For these prints created by Grade 2 students, they first drew a winter scene 
into a piece of styrofoam with a dull pencil.


Once the drawing was finished, using a foam brush, students painted over the styro with white acrylic paint. Place a piece of coloured paper on top (choose something darker for contrast) and rub firmly with a brayer, a rolling pin or simply your hand. Peel off carefully and students will be amazed!







2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love your styrofoam prints! In my mddle school class used them for a dia de los muertos lesson that the kids loved!

http://www.cornwellfam.com/2013/10/dia-de-los-muertos-printmaking-lesson.html

Happy Thanksgiving!
Lauren
Lauren

Miss said...

Thanks Lauren- I love your Dios de Los Muertos prints!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...