ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sketchbook Drawings


Here are some Grade 10 sketchbook drawings- the assignment was to 'draw something sticky'. 
The drawings also had to be done from direct observation- the best way, in my opinion, 
to improve one's drawing technique. 
I love looking at my students' sketches- there is something so pure and classic 
about a well done drawing.










6 comments:

Jessica Young said...

What a great sketchbook assignment! you got some really nice results from your students :).

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

Some amazing results from your talented students.
I love them all.

Miss said...

Thank you Jessica and Chesterbrook!

Anne said...

These are really good! TFS!

Once Upon A Classroom said...

Love these! I have a question about how/if you assess you sketchbook assignments. Could you give me an idea of how you set them up with your students?
Thanks so much!!!!
Erin

Miss said...

Hi Erin,
My high school students' sketchbooks are worth 20% of their final grade. I gave them a handout at the beginning of the year with a list of all the sketchbook assignment topics ("draw something sticky" etc). They get one assignment per week.

This is what my handout essentially says:
Your sketchbook is worth 20% of your final grade. Each assignment is worth 5 marks. Sketchbooks will be marked at the end of each month.
Use media of your choice unless specified.

Honestly, I definitely don't mark them each month- more like every 3 months or so!
Hope this helps :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...